Hello from York, England!

• Dear Forum member friends,

Greetings from York, in the north of England! Grateful for allowing me an admission to such an experienced group, so I'll be mostly posing questions and learning from you all.

I am rather new to the hobby, starting during the pandemic :) but it's a strong passion now. As you must be familiar for a typical starter, I have rather varied interests but can say it to be broadly around pre-philatelic transit postmarks, postal routes during the pre-/early-philatelic period and commercial correspondence (bills of exchange/wechsel and bills of lading/cargo stamps and other similar fiscal documents) in the Western Europe region.

My reliance on German is entirely dependent on Google translate, but I hope to manage [Blockierte Grafik: https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/e/notoemoji/14.0/1f60a/32.png]

Cheers!

Sumit

• Hello Sumit,

welcome to this forum and greetings to York, the city where Mr Norrell performed his tricks in 1806 (though I’d really be surprised to read about him in a contemporary letter). Pre-philately can be challenging, but there’s room enough for everyone and many pieces are available at modest prices. Just show us what you have—I’m sure several members will be interested and can provide you with reliable facts or at least an educated guess (and very often in English, to boot!).

Best wishes

Dietmar

Viele Grüße aus Erding!

Achter Kontich wonen er ook mensen!

• Hi Sumit

feel free to show and ask whatever you want - as Dietmar wrote, pre-philatelic covers crossing borders are not so simple, but we are a mix of international collectors, so help is almost guaranteed.

Nice to have a Geordie here!

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Dear Dietmar,

Thanks for the encouragement! And for suggesting about Mr Norell: wasn’t aware but would find out for sure.

I’ll get going :) and come back soon with my samples - sounds exciting, learning times ahead.

Regards

• Hi Summit

feel free to show and ask whatever you want - as Dietmar wrote, pre-philatelic covers crossing borders are not so simple, but we are a mix of international collectors, so help is almost guaranteed.

Thanks bayern klassisch ! I feel quite motivated already :)

Hi Summit

• Sorry for calling you "Geordie", as you are a Yorkshire lad. Cheers anyway.

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello Summit

Also a welcome from a young collector from Switzerland.

I wish you all the best and I'm looking forward to many exciting conservations.

Love greetings

Jan :)

• Dear Sumit,

good to have you here, I wish a good time with this Forum.

Great, Philately is -in this way- without borders :thumbup:

Cheers to York in the north of england :)

Kind Regards!

Beste Grüsse von
    Bayern Social

"Sammler sind glückliche Menschen"

• Hello,

I'd also like to send my regards to York. It is quite rare that a British collector gets lost in one of the German-speaking forums. However, I myself was busy with Great Britain just a few hours ago, because as part of my internationally diversified collecting areas I also deal with the registered covers (postal stationery) of Great Britain, as well as with the private postal stationery covers,

I wish you a good start here in the forum and continue to enjoy philately.

Ingo