• Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone had any additional expertise on the provisional government period in Romagne? I picked up a couple of items as a part of a large lot and wonder if anyone has expertise to give me their opinions.

The first item was posted Oct 3, 1860 in Bologna. A 4 bajocchi provisional government adhesive was placed to pay for the 20 centesimi = 4 baj rate per 7.5 grams that went into effect Oct 10, 1859 in Romagne for letters to Sardinia, Parma, Modena & Tuscany. The letter arrived in Firenze on Oct 4.

The second item was posted on Oct 29, 1859 in Bologna. This was sent to Triest, so the 4 baj in postage paid to get to the border of Venetia. On arrival at Triest, 15 kreuzer was collected for the Austrian portion of the postage required. Triest arrival on Oct 31.

Based on my resources, the stamps do not appear to be reprints. The dates of use and the rates are both correct and the markings are consistent. Overall, they seems like genuine uses to me. But, I admit that these are the first Romagne provisional government items I have handled. Do others with more experience have thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

• Hello Rob

good letters, but the 1st one shows a 6 crazie handmark in the middle of the front of the letter.

But I am not an expert.

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello Ralph,

I do not see the marking you are referencing. I do see the slash that indicates paid and a broad flourish for the "F" in "Firenze." If that's what you are seeing?

As is often the case, these were put in a group lot because the auction house in the US did not have expertise on the issue. Always safer to put things like this in a group lot with other items and let the buyer deal with it. I wanted the Tuscan items that were very likely to be ok - among other things. But, I felt these had a good chance to be good.

If they are - wonderful. If they aren't - the other items were what I was paying for anyway. :)

Rob

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hallo die runde

Es ist kein 6 sondern ein diagonal Strich der mit dem Anfang von F in Firenze zusammen geht, wie ich es sehen kann.

Viele Grüsse

Nils

Der Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis ist in der Praxis grösser als in der Theorie.

• Hallo Nils,

ich glaube, du hast Recht ... Nils is right, it is no 6 - sorry, my mistake. ;(

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.