• Hello

To continue with my study, anyone with a used Nr.61 PF VI with cancel marked from the end of 1800 to beginning of 1900?

Lets say 1905 maximum.

Thanks to all of you.

Best regards

Hornet785

@ Staatswappen: How much sales a full mint sheet like yours on the market? thanks

• Hello Hornet,

I do not know the market-price of a sheet. It´s a long time ago that I have seen that someone has sell a complete sheet.
    They are seldom and it´s difficult to find someone who want to sell it. The most existing sheets are from the 37. edition.
    I would guess around 50 € more or less. If you looking for older sheets like 36. or 28. edition or older they will be more expensive because they are more rare, if they exist.
    Like Peter Sem is writing in his Book "Bayern Spezialkatalog Band 2" : Remaining stock ca. 559.400 (suspected edition 37.)

In the year 1910 the 37. edition would printed in an amount of 147.005.000 stamps in different sheets.
    The printed sheet had 200 stamps devided into 2 times 100 stamps with a horizontal bridge.
    In the beginning of printing the sheets they had also an vertical bridge between the first 50 stamps (5x10) than the bridge and again 50 stamps (5x10)
    edition 37 I: was printed like this with 4 thick lines printed in colour of the stamps on this vertical bridge (vertical bridge type III)
    edition 37A: now the vertical bridge type was changed to the end of the sheet as a 11. row. (10x10 stamps) and the bridge on the sheet end. The top of the sheets get the value numbers on top in stamp colour.
    editon 37 III: No the 11.row was eliminated and the end of the sheet has only one thick horizontal line. This is the picture of thread 58 from my side.

I think that this failure only occur in edition 37 III and may be in 37 A, like the PF IV. That means you will find stamps with dates from 1910 and later.

But I do not know this. Is just a suspicion.

greetings

staatswappen

• Hello staatswappen

Thank you very much for this interesting post, that helps a lot for my study, I already found like a "finger print" for the position 57 for a certain printing.

If somebody has an earlier one, it would help. But like you said, may be it doesn't exist. You have a very nice sheet, very good looking. I will keep your post as a reference to work with.

I show you the common distinction to our stamps (All 5 61 PF VI in previous post have this almost broken frame in upper left corner )

Have a good sunday.

• Hello staatswappen

Thanks for the pictures, this is interesting so far. I have only two PF VI. So we have 7 PF VI in this tread. Which is very nice.

Regards

hornet785

PS. We had -38 last friday and +5 on saturday...go figure.. :)

• Hello Hornet785,

are you only interested in the PF VI or are you also interested in the other PF´s from 61 or from the other numbers from 37 to 75?
    From my point of view it´s in interesting topic. :thumbup:
    Attached you will find a picture of PF V for example. :rolleyes:

Or does your study of the PF VI has a special reason?

Best regards

staatswappen

• Hallo liebe Freunde,

Staatswappen - schönes Exemplar des PF 61V - muss ich mal suchen, hab ich auch noch irgendwo ... ;)

Die letzte Stunde habe ich einen Tütenposten Mi.Nr. 61 durchgesehen und dabei ein paar - ich denke Druckzufälligkeiten -gefunden:

1. Marke Seitenrandlinie links unten gebrochen 2. Marke "halbe 5 fehlt" , 3. Marke Seitenrandlinie links oben gebrochen.

Ich finde, das 2. Exemplar ist wieder was für´s Auge, oder? - Was meint ihr?

Schöne Grüße
    Bayern-Nerv Volker

Bilder

Nimm dir im Leben ruhig die Zeit zum Sammeln und genieße einen guten Wein, denn die gesammelte Zeit nimmt dir irgendwann das Leben und dann wird man um dich weinen. (V.R.)

Bayernfarbenvielfaltverrückt - warum nicht?

• Hallo Bayern-nerv,

gefallen mir sehr gut die drei Marken. Würdest Du bei dem Druckausfall der mittleren Marke auf irgendeinen Leimfleck tendieren? Oder was würdest Du sagen?

Um noch einen kleinen Plattenfehler zu zeigen, der auf einen gebrochenen Rahmen des Klischees hinweist und wahrscheinlich nur in geringer Auflage gedruckt wurde, der Scan anbei. Ich nehme an, dass das Klischee bei der nächsten Gelgenheit repariert oder ersetzt wurde.

Gruß

staatswappen

• Hello guys

You guys brought a lot of nice stuff. :) . The two stamps with PF VI, are the only PF I have for the Nr.61. Even with the large printing of this stamp, it is very hard to come by these stamps at home. I went on 3 stamps shows since last fall and I saw only about 20 used Nr.61. I did find the one cancelled in 1910 at one of these shows for 0.20 cents. the other one I have was found in a small lot of about 100 that I bought in the U.S.. They were contained in a small envelope. I did buy them for about 0.03 cents each. The one without date on it has the Wz3. I did read in the catalogue that these 61yw should have cancels dated around 1900-1903. (may be it's wrong) So that's why I try to find one dated around 1900. I think it's coming from the late printing (It's a guess).

Here are two picture, the envelope and stamps. Stamps are: 61y PF VI, 61y cancelled in march 1920( this one too is cool :) ), 61y and 61y PF VI

Don't worry, I look for other PF too... ;)

Best regards

Hornet785

• Hi Hornet785,

the 61yw was printed during January 1902 and November 1902 in edition 29. Peter Sem is writing in his catalogue "BAYERN Spezialkatalog Band 2" that only 300.000 stamps from this will exist. The stamps were sold in Oktober 1902 in Munich and in the palatinate (Pfalz).
    They are very similar to the nr. 75. The y both have the Wz3. The difference is the paper Nr. 75 is more yellow than white, thicker (called Postcheckpaper) and printed colour is a lighter green. You will find the PF VI also on nr 75 but never on 61yw. Because the printing from nr. 75 and nr. 61y was done with the same die in 1910.

To find PF´s is very difficult. One of the reasons is that only 1 of 200 will have this failure. The second reason is that because of the high amount of printing (~1285000000) the dies would be cleaned and repaired or changed very often. And the third reason will be that the stamps are more than 100 years old and a lot of them will disappear over the years.
    But that makes it so interesting to look for these special stamps.

During 28.01. and 30.06.20 there were not enough valid stamps. So they decided to use the nr. 56 and 61 again. Normaly there were only valid unteil 30.06.12

Keep on looking for PF´s :thumbup:

greetings

staatswappen

• Hello guys

Staatswappen

This was a nice add on to the topic and I thank you for that. It is very interesting stuff :) I really like your posting, That's why I thought it was a late printing. I show you these pics,

1. You have 5 stamps, 61y, 61 or 75 Wz3 PF VI , 61y, 61? wz4 PF VI and on top you have horizontally 2 X Nr.75. So we see white paper for 61y some kind of reddish paper for the two others and yellow paper for both 75. (on scanner it's hard to see) So may be there are some reasons why it's not a yellow paper but still a 75 PF VI ?

2. You have 4 stamps Nr.75, 61 or 75 Wz3, Nr.75, 61? wz4

3. This is a very nice 61x :) . Did you see that before, it should be usual to see these, may be not. Somebody has examples to show? May be a top row of a sheet?

This is very nice chatting about stamps :)

Best regards to all Bavarian stamps collectors.

Hornet785

• Hello

@ staatswappen

Reference your post number 75. It's very interesting that even after more than 100 years there's still stuff not really studied!.. That's cool. :)

Did you see Bayern-Nerv's stamp...looks later one?

Best regards

Hornet785

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hornet785 ()

• Hallo liebe Freunde,

hier noch 3 Exemplare, welche ich beim Durchforsten eines Tütchens gefunden habe:

1 x mit breitem Zahn , 1 x mit weißem Fleck (Leimfleck?) an unterer linker Wertziffer , 1 x Quetschfalte unten.

Schöne Grüße
    Bayern-Nerv Volker

Bilder

Nimm dir im Leben ruhig die Zeit zum Sammeln und genieße einen guten Wein, denn die gesammelte Zeit nimmt dir irgendwann das Leben und dann wird man um dich weinen. (V.R.)

• Hello Bayern-Nerv

It's very cool that you found another stamp with wider teeth. I think this variety deserve his own number. The stamp with white spot on lower left number 5 is very nice too.. :)

Regards

Hornet785

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hornet785 ()

• Hello Hornet, hallo liebe Sammlerfreunde,
    ein kleiner Nachtrag zum Plattenfehler 6 der Nummer 61 (nicht auf Einzelmarken) :P .
    some more stamps with the PF 6 on number 61 (not only single stamps) :P
    und eine weitere Leimfleckvariante.
    Gruß
    Plattenfehler

• Hallo Plattenfehler,

Ganzsstücke sind natürlich noch schöner als Einzelmarken, und Plattenfehler bei Deinem Nick selbstverständlich Programm - Spätverwendungen von 1920 mit Plattenfehler, einfach spitze! :thumbup:

... und der Leimfleck ist auch ein Hingucker!

Schöne Grüße
    Bayern-Nerv Volker