Introduction to New Member

• Thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I am sorry that I only know English. I can read some French and bits of other languages, but it takes time for me to do that.

My name is Rob Faux and I live in the United States (Iowa). I am a vegetable and poultry farmer. As a result, I am often unable to do things with the hobby during the growing season. Winter is my time to enjoy postal history.

My main area of interest in mail from the United States to other country in the 1860's. I have an exhibit that features postal history with the 24 cent 1861 series United States stamp. If anyone needs help with trans-Atlantic mail, I might be able to help. An example of some of the research I have done in this area and a few pictures of some of the items I collect and exhibit can be found here .

I have expanded my interest to mails in Europe during the same period (1860's). I am still trying to learn this area and would be happy for the chance to get help.

Best,
    Rob

• Hello Rob (hello to Iowa)

nice to have you here. Very most of our members here understand und write English, so it won´t be a problem for you to understand, what they write, when ich comes to letters of your special interest.

Hope to see a couple of nice/interesting letters from you here. :)

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello Rob,

welcome to the show!

I think there are a lot of letters were we interested in your comments:

Württemberg aus USA

Grüße aus Bempflingen
    Ulrich

Das Leben ist zu kurz um sich darüber zu ärgern, was andere über dich denken oder sagen

also hab Spaß und gib ihnen etwas worüber Sie reden können

scheinbar ist ihnen ihr eigenes Leben zu langweilig

• Hallo Rob,

we`ve already had some niche conversations on frajolas board and it`s a great honor to have you on board here now. I think we`ll have much good times with our fervor.

Best regards!

Tim :thumbup:

Wer um Postgeschichte einen Bogen macht, läuft am Schluss im Kreis

• Thank you to Tim for sponsoring my inclusion on this board and to Ralph for being kind enough to encourage me to make an introduction post.

Rob
    :)

• Hello Rob

welcome to the Forum... I am one of the last ones to join here and can tell you, it is not only interesting, but often also fun to read the comments :)
    I had a look at your page... amazing work! Sure it took many years to put this together!

Best
    Andreas

• Hello Rob,

welcome to the forum also from me. Your special interest covers a period of many changes here in Europe. First of all Germany and Italy.
    Hopefully you can show us intersting items of this time, especially US.

best regards

Dieter

• Thank you for the kind comments.

Laurent, merci, I have viewed a couple of the articles and enjoyed them. It is a good way to improve my French reading. One does not use other languages in the state of Iowa much at all - so little practice.

All, I am getting used to the board and it takes time to read and learn how things work. I hope to participate more over time.

Rob

• Hallo Rob,

yes, welcome to the Forum and good to have you here with us, as you live in the united states you will know places and things we never know...

So again, warm welcome to the APG Forum :)

Kind Regards
    Bayern Social

Beste Grüsse von
    Bayern Social

"Sammler sind glückliche Menschen"