• Hello Sylvain

over paid - 5 Pfennig was the correct rate. But not uninteresting to show, as you will find only a few postcards with 8 Pfennig.

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hi Sylvain,

It's a typical foreign particle, a small grain on the plate. This form of a small defect occurs consistently on all stamps of this issue. A nice and clean card !

Have a good time

Franz

weite Welle

• Hello Sylvain

and when you look at the handstamp of Munich it is a very special type (not ultra rare, but very specific and beautiful). :love:

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello Sylvain,

very nice the uprated and overfranked card. This combination P7 + 38 i've not yet seen before. With

the Munic handstamp it is an eyecatcher !

Best regards

Franz

weite Welle

• Hello Sylvain,

the cancel on the flipside of the card resembles the type from Munich – both used rotating date wheels. Rather innovative at the time, but not quite: The much more elaborate Güller cancelers from Switzerland offered a complete date presentation in one line, including not only day and month, but year and time of day as well.

The Bavarian cancelers very probably came from domestic producers and look like poor relations compared to the models from Switzerland. They appeared in Munich I (3 types between 1878 and 1880, yours is the latest type C) and II (1877 only), Nuremberg I (2 types) and Würzburg I and II. Two more were used in Lindau and Landshut during an extremely short period – only a few examples are known.

Viele Grüße aus Erding!

Achter Kontich wonen er ook mensen!

• Hallo,

Thank you gentlemen! From a search for Nr.38 on letter or card that I was missing I found three very nice. :)

Was looking in my Helbig for the Munich type and no luck, nothing under Munich 1.

Thanks Erdinger for the info!

So for identification purpose, I can write for Munich 1, K1 Type C ?

Best regards

Sylvain

• ... looks good for me. :):)

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Hallo Sammlerfreunde,

durch ein leichtsinniges Gebot bei ebay bin ich an nachfolgende Karte gekommen:

Bayreuth - Neuchatel vom 16.11.1877

Mein Kaufgrund war die Farbe der Marke, die ich so noch nicht gesehen habe.

Was könnte das für eine Farbe sein?

Gruß

bayernjäger

• ... das war ohne Attest schon SEHR leichtsinnig ...

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Hallo Udo,

da war ich der Gegenbieter, der Zuschlag war dann doch ein Schnäppchen, es ist eindeutig eine 38c.

Glückwunsch. Ich habe schon drei davon auf Belegen, daher bin ich nicht so scharf rangegangen.

Schönes Wochenende

Franz

weite Welle

• Hallo Franz,

nach deiner jetzigen Einschätzung der Markenfarbe zu urteilen, war es dann wohl wirklich ein günstiger Kauf. Heute kam das gute Stück aus Catania auf Sizilien bei mir an. Ich habe die Karte gleich hier eingestellt, um die Markenfarbe zu klären. Vielen Dank sowohl für die Farbeinschätzung als auch für dein nur moderates Gebot. :)

Gruß

Udo