Posttarife 1870 bis heute

• Verehrte Freunde,

falls mal jemand eine schnelle Übersicht über die belgischen Posttarife für die einfachsten Dienste über einen langen Zeitraum hinweg benötigt, wird sie/er hier fündig!

Viele Grüße aus Erding!

P.S. Anlass für meine Suche war der angehängte Brief, fündig wurde ich dann im flämischen Delcampe-Forum. Ob es mir gelingen wird, den von der belgischen Post ausgewiesenen, aber von der deutschen Post nicht nacherhobenen Fehlbetrag auszurechnen, lassen wir einstweilen mal dahingestellt.
    Die deutschen Postler jedenfalls sparten sich damals die Mühe.

• Hallo Erdinger,

ganz besonders als IMler danke ich recht herzlich für die Bemühungen. Für mich ein 1A-Sahnelink !

+ Gruß !

vom Pälzer

Wer um Postgeschichte einen Bogen macht, läuft am Schluss im Kreis

• Ihr hätten auch fragen können, ich habe diese Tabelle schon seit einiger Zeit. Allerdings wäre noch eine Tabelle ab 1845-1870 nützlich. Konnte leider noch keine auftreiben . Und das Inlandportobuch von Deneumostier ist im Augenblick nicht zuhaben.

Bei Bedarf, ich habe auch ein Buch mit den Niederländischen Tarifen Inland/Ausland 1850 - 1990 allerdings auf niederländisch

@+

Phila-Gruß

Lulu

• Lieber Lulu,

bitte einstellen. :P:P

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello Erdinger,

Thank you for posting this table.

I have the standard internal letter rates for July 1, 1849 to ??? Dec 31, 1861???
    10 ctm per 10 g for no more 30 km distance
    20 ctm per 10 g for longer than 30 km distance

But, what happens between those dates? Anyone know?

And, if I am wrong about the above, please feel free to correct me.
    Rob

• Lulu,
    Thank you.

Below is an example of the few that I have. Sent from Mettet on Dec 16, 1854 and received at Charleroi Dec 17. 40 centimes applies. I would think this would be the short distance rate of 10 ct / 10 g, but I can not quite believe it would be a 30-40 g item. I don't see evidence of enclosure beyond the folded letter. but, there could have been, I suppose.

Best to all,
    Rob

• Hello Rob

I read 25 gm (= grammes) is written to the right side of the stamps, but I have no idea about the rates. Hope others have a clue.

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• dear all

here the' clue' :

Mettet - Charleroi -> distance +/- 19Km. Here a link to calculate the distance https://www.distance.to/Mettet,BEL/Charleroi,BEL

ordinary mail (LO lettre ordinaire) 0.10c but due to the weight > 20 gr --> 0.40cts . So the letter is correctly franked

origine : E&M Deneumostier; Tarif postaux 1840-2002 Service interne , attached scann of the rate applicable until the 31/10/1868

Phila-Gruß

Lulu

• Ooooooh!

Ok, it is not a linear progression of 10 ct/ 10 g. Now it makes much more sense. thank you. I have better understanding of rates for France and I should have thought it was more like that rate structure.

So, here is another. It is from Charleroi to Namur, distance 34 km direct. May 19, 1863.
    This is why I think there must have been a change in rates in 1861 or 1862.

Does the next page of that book have that information. ;)

I shall have to find that book someday.

Rob

• Hi Rob,

from my point of view this letter is still considered as inside the 30km perimeter (direct line from one office to the other!) and has therefore been franked at 10c. The rate has been adapted the 1.11.1868 but only in relation to the weight. The rate per distance remained unchanged.

here the relevant scann, same booklet page 11

Phila-Gruß

Lulu

• Lulu,

Thank you very much!
    It all makes much more sense now. :thumbup:

So, the postal authorities were lenient with actual distance in certain cases? You are correct, the distance of that last may not be enough to make a difference.

I did a web search for that title and found it available in an auction, it may be the same one you are referencing.

Here is one more showing the longer distance in 1855.

Rob

• Kann mir jemand sagen bis wann es in Belgien Luftpost-Zuschläge gab? Mir sind folgende normale Portotarife für einen Brief bis 20 Gramm ins Ausland für Land- oder Seeverssand bekannt, aber, gab es evtl. auch noch Luftpostzuschläge zu der Zeit?

1.03.1921 0.50 Fr

1.04.1924 0.75

1.10.1925 1.00

1.07.1926 1.25

1.11.1926 1.50

1.05.1927 1.75 bis zum 15.09.1945