• Hallo ihr 2!

Glaubt bloß nicht, dass dieser Zustand lange anhält. ;)

Lieber Jörgen,

hast du nicht Lust mal auszustellen? Auch wenn das, was hier geschrieben und gezeigt wird viele Hundert oder sogar noch mehr Sammler sehen, wäre das vom Material her dringend anzuraten. In Ausstellungsrahmen sähe das noch besser aus, auch wenn das kaum zu glauben ist. Teile doch deine Sammlerfreude mit vielen anderen, die nicht das Glück haben, im Internet zu sein.

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Lieber BK

Wie in Dein Unterschrift "Platz für alle"

Ich habe viele mal ausgestellt aber meist in Dänemark. Aber auch einege mail in Norddeutschland. Letzte mail bei Nordia 2012 in Roskilde DK. Ich sehe nicht die übersicht mit Ausstellungen in Deutschland, bitte schreib zu mir wo ich das sehen kann.

Ein fortsetzung in Thread Krone Adler.

Liebe Grüße
    Jørgen

• Hello Sylvain,

yes, def. a printed matter, made privately in Crefeld. Nice one!

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello

I show you this lovely one (even with rust points)

1st, nice cover from MANNHEIM dated 06-11-1883 to PARIS. Franked 20 Pf with Nr.42 which is a 14 perf horizontal. :)

2nd, The back tells the story of multiple distributions before going to the "Rebut" center to be returned to the sender in MANNHEIM which arrived on 10-11-1883.

I love it!

Sylvain

• Helly Sylvain,

you are quite a lucky sod! :)

If you don´t mind, I would like to add "3."

Written in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Bavaria, but posted in Mannheim, Dt. Reich.

So when the letter returned from France it was sent to the German Reichspost, who saw, that they had to give it to the Royal Bavarian Post across the river Rhine

Unfortunately sombody threw a little sheet from the rebut commission away, as there is just a little piece left on the right side of the back side.

I can only repeat - you have a golden hand! :P

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Hello Sylvain,

you too!

One thing you must tell me: Where did you find all those nice items? Did you find a key to an archive? :D

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Hello Sylvain,

This letter was put in delivery 4 times from November 7th to Novemebr 8th, 1883: see the 4 mailman's oval and circular handstamps. The central post office of Paris sent it to the dead letters branch on November 9th.
    I don't think that the dead letters branch put a label on this letter, because at that date this branch didn't use return to sender labels.
    Regards.
    Emmanuel.

• Hello Emmanuel,

as it looks to me the round 4/4 handstamp seems to be on the rebut label, or am I wrong?

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Hello Ralph,

I'm afraid you're wrong. ;)
    This king of handstamp (oval and circular) belonged to the Parisian mailmen. They used it on the back of a cover they couldn't deliver and to prove they tried to. The dead letters branch put his "Rebut de Paris" red datestamp.
    When I say that the dead letters branch didn't use labels, it is partially right. Actually this branch used labels when it was obliged to open a letter to find the adress of the sender and to show the law on Privacy of the mail was respected. Visit this link (in French).
    Regards.
    Emmanuel.

• Hello Emmanuel,

thank you for your explanation - you´re right. :)

I remember letters of the dead letter branch of Paris with labels.

Link doesn´t work.

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Bonsoir Emmanuel and BK

Merci pour ces explications, je vais aller lire avec intérêt les infos sur ce lien.

Mes salutations

One thing you must tell me: Where did you find all those nice items? Did you find a key to an archive?

Good key search and links to good dealers that show me stuff that I can be interested in. But in north America experts are scarce in the german area. So normally all I find have no BPP proofer signature like you guys are used to.

Best regards

Sylvain

• Hello Sylvain,

when a collector needs a proofer of the BPP, he should think twice about his ability of collecting postal history. :D

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Hello BK

Yes you are right...good study and Learning with great peoples like you guys it is a joy ride to the hobby!! :) (But now because of you I start to be addict to cover....my wife is not so happy ;) )

Here is my last find of the day.

Strasbourg to Paris Franked 20 Pf with a Nr.42 14 Perf again!! :)

Nice cancel too!!

Best regards

• Hello Sylvain,

get your wife collect something else - than she will know, how it is, to get addicted to postal history. :)

Again a nice one - Zockerpeppi will like it even more,as it is a bank - letter (unfortunately not from Luxemburg, what she likes to find).

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

• Hello

Here is a cover franked with a bloc of four of Nr.40 dated 06-12-1889 4-5 N to Bath, England. Normally we see a single Nr.42 for this rate. Receiver mark dated 07-12-1889 which is really quick!!!

Best regards

Sylvain

• @ Sylvain

Nice with the block of 4 franking. By the way I saw the previous one to Paris and @ BK comment. He is partially right - I like it! Really a nice cover … even if it is not going to Luxemburg! Over the years the Comptoir national d’Escompte changed with every merger and /or take over.

The name disappeared in 1966, not the Bank. I don’t know under which name the bank started its activity in Luxembourg in 1963. But due to another merger :( a couple of years ago, I dare say it became somehow my boss. That explains why I have so many CNE covers

Phila-Gruß

Lulu