Dänische Nummernstempel in Schleswig-Holstein benutzt

• Hi DSBerliner

The writing on the back indicates the cover is (inside-dated?) late 1863, but the stamp looks like (with all reservations😊) to be 3rd or 4th print of dk#7 from 1859/1860, which indicates a late usage. Not a super rare or illegal phenonema, but a quite interesting detail, which is sometimes seen from the smaller post offices like Büchen, with less turnaround in stamps sales. Could also just be a coincidence. Nevertheless, a nice cover in all respects.

Kind regards

Ole

• Hallo,

ein weiterer Brief aus Büchen - auch wenn ich jetzt schon 2 Briefe zeigen kann, gehört der Stempel "151" immer noch zu den etwas "nicht so häufigen" Stempel von SH.

Einfacher portogerecht frankierter Brief aus Büchen nach Mölln. Frankiert mit 4 Skilling (MiNr.: DK 7a) für die Beförderung innerhalb des Herzogtums Lauenburg. Entwertung mit dänischen 3 - Ringnummern - Stempel "151" und neben gesetzt EKS "Büchen 14/1 1863" für das Aufgabepostamt. Rückseitig Ankunftsstempel "Mölln 14/1 10-11V".

Beste Grüße

DSBerlin

"Wer von Nichts eine Ahnung hat, kann wenigstens überall mitreden!"

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DSBerlin (25. Juni 2023 um 12:19)

• Numeral 183 Glücksburg on 4 skilling 1863-issue.

Glücksburg was originally assigned number 212, but the canceller stranded in Flensburg. In 1863 Gĺücksburg was reassigned number 183.

"According to legend", numeral 183 was only used when king Christian IX was present on Glücksburg castle, which was only few times in 1863-64. There are 3 known covers with NS 183 and a few lose stamps, like this. NS 183 is along with 213, 214 and 230 among the four rarest numerals.

Cheers

Ome

• Hello Ole,

Thanks for sharing this legend, which I was not aware of.
    Was another canceller used in parallel in Glücksburg or did the Glücksburger have to wait until the king comes before they could send a letter with stamp? ;)

Kind regards,
    nordlicht

• Hi nordlicht,

I think the Glücksburgers had to use the regular NS 16 Flensburg canceller. It seems like: "no King, no canceller" :)

Btw, as far as I know, there a no known letters sent by the king himself - the three letters can all likely be attributed to his close family (including one "sorrow-letter", which I think was sent by one of his princess daughters).

Cheers

Ole

• Lieber Dieter,

viele sagen, Jürnge hätte alles. Das ist natürlich falsch, er hat weit mehr als das ...

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.