Introducing myself - from Odense

• Hello everyone!

I just joined and would like to introduce myself. I am Danish, 47 years old at this time of writing, and working as an IT-consultant. I'm living in Odense and was born and raised in Aabenraa (Apenrade). So being a Slesviger, my collection is a Heimat-Sammlung of sorts.

My main interest is cancellations from the nowadays Schleswig-Holstein and Sønderjylland regions on Danish stamps, 1851-1864. This includes cancellations with numerals, ink and any of the many special post marks from this area.

However, I do also look into other periods, such as 1864 - 1920 and philately from the 1920 Plebiscit.

Over the years, I have found much valuable information in this forum, so I'm happy to join and looking forward to contribute to the discussions.

I read German quite well and can, though with some struggle, also write in German, but I prefer writing in English.

See you in the forums!

/Ole (Aabenraaer)

• Hello Ole

nice to have you here - there are some collectors in the forum like you and we all would like to see the items of your collection. So go ahead and no worry - almost every member can read and/or understand English. :)

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello Ole,

welcome in the forum. If there are questions I think you will get answers within short time as here are some collectors with the same interests like yours.

best regards

Dieter

• Happy Birthday my friend!

Sorry for off topic.

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hallo Ole,

good to have an expert from Denmark here now ! In the next days I will present some further semi-classic incoming-mail-letters from Denmark to my collection area.

Und ebenfalls herzlichen Glückwunsch zum 70. an unseren preussen_fan. Von hier aus weiterhin alles Gute vor allem Gesundheit und viel Freude am Hobby !

Viele Grüße

vom Pälzer

Wer um Postgeschichte einen Bogen macht, läuft am Schluss im Kreis

• Hi all
    Thank you very much for your kind welcome!
    @Erwin: Also a Happy Birthday from Odense :)
    @Ralph: I would be happy to share my collection. I have scanned parts of it for insurance purposes, so I will soon put the scans into a zip file and post a link in the Slesvig-Holsten section.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
    Ole

• Hi Ole,

I don't have discipline to check the thread in order to welcome new members. I'm from the other side of the pond :)

Welcome here, nice place to be.

Best regards

Sylvain

• Welcome Ole!
    From one who pretty much MUST write English to be understood! :) I've found this to be a wonderful forum and have felt welcomed. I think I've only been involved for a year?

I think the only thing I have problem with is the very large number of threads. It can be hard to figure out where to go to be on topic. But, that is a small problem. :)
    Best,
    Rob

• Hi Sylvain, Rob and Laurent !

Thank you very much!

As the posts' date&time painfully clearly reveals, I haven't been too great a keeping myself updated here - I blame it on the very fine weather :)

I fully agree with you. I think the level of expertise and dedication found on this forum is impressive. People say, that any topic can be interesting if one drills deeply enough into it. I find this very true, after reading threads on this here forum, which are off-topic wrt to my collection. I am sadly limited by both time and wealth :)

Cheers Ole